Happy Friday friends! This week I am grateful for the people in my life who make me laugh. Yesterday I laughed so hard I cried, not just once but twice – and at work, none-the-less! We all know by now that laughter is good for us, as it cements the bonds of friendship, promotes relaxation and releases happy-making endorphins. But did you know that laughter also triggers physical changes that can boost the immune system, increase energy levels, reduce pain, and drastically reduce stress. Yep, it’s an all round sure fire way to feel better and make others feel better – I’ll laugh to that!
The little things I’ve loved lately:
Snuggling with my puppy ~ Presents from Japan ~ Cadbury Creme Eggs and chocolate chip hot cross buns ~ Working with fun, friendly people (it makes such a difference!) ~ This amazing lipstick – I’ve admired it on a friend for months and she ordered one for me! It feels so soft and luscious and it even smells nice too ~ Having a husband who is not afraid of bugs ~ Dreaming about owning a home of our very own ~ Avocado, lemon juice and salt on fresh bread ~ Kitty kisses on the nose.
The links I’ve loved:
- Once again, Alexandra Franzen gets it spot on - why you are a big deal, no matter the size of your audience
- Cats and dogs stuck in furniture is adorable and hilarious
- 14 mind blowing facts that will change your perception of time (and make you feel just a bit old)
- This page poking fun at John Travolta had me in stitches
- These photos taken during the scariest moments of a haunted house are pretty awesome
- Heartfelt messages to asylum seekers that are incredibly powerful (#notinmyname)
- These creepy historical medical images are the stuff of nightmares
- 6 powerful communication tips from some of the world’s best interviewers
- A woman replies to annoying emails in the way you always wish you could
Skull of the week: