Another super quick recipe that combines two of my favourite things – cheese and pasta.
I made this for my sister’s 30th birthday party a couple of weekends ago, when I wanted a simple, fresh, delicious pasta salad that wasn’t creamy or covered in mayonnaise. The best thing about this is that you could add whatever other yummy things you have on hand – roasted capsicum, olives (if you like them, I don’t), marinated artichokes – the list goes on!
Caprese Pasta Salad
- Pasta shells
- Cherry tomatoes
- Baby bocconcini
- Rice brain oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper
1. Cook pasta as per packet instructions and drain well. Allow to cool.
2. Wash cherry tomatoes and drain the baby bocconcini and and chop both into quarters.
3. Put tomatoes and bocconcini in a large bowl, drizzle with the oil and balsamic vinegar and mix well.
4. Add pasta and mix well, adding more oil or vinegar if required. Add basil (either chopped fresh or the crushed kind that comes in a tube).
5. Season with salt and pepper and serve cold.