I almost don’t want to remind you how long it has been since my last ‘It’s the little things’ post.Rather than make excuses, I’m going to jump right in: in honour of Valentine’s Day, i present the luuurve edition.
The things i love that i can share with you:
- These photos of couples sleeping (in a completely non-creepy way). Who wants to set up a camera to do this for me?
- A daily lol thanks to these doses of dishonesty
- Dear Doodlebug made my day and answered my question!
- Faker tater tots from the amazing brain of Chocolate Covered Katie (hacked just a little to fit the ingredients in my cupboard)
- Kid’s say the darndest things – ha!
- Alexandra Franzen – all the things she says just click
- Sparkles, hearts, tutus and bows – OH MY!
- New music from Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and Tegan and Sara (super looking forward to their gigs in March and May)
- Fringe World!! Great shows, amazing local and international talent and the efforts of many, many volunteers has created a magical festival. I just wish it would last forever…
The things i love that i don’t want to share with you:
- My air conditioning – holy moly i am an entirely different person when i can’t escape the heat!
- My uncle and cousin – who even though we normally only see them about once a year helped me move house. I literally could not have done it without them
- And also my parents – who seemed to have boundless energy when it came to wrangling two (or three) dogs, packing and unpacking boxes, cleaning and making our new house habitable
- Early Easter treats – chocolate hot cross buns, speckled eggs, Cadbury Creme Eggs, MaltEaster Bunnies – i just can’t get enough of em!
And last up – they say that a change is as good as a holiday, but i call bullshit on that one, mainly because of the whole ‘i still have to go to work’ part. I am, however, loving my new hair cut and colour and am so grateful to have found an amazing hair dresser who actually listens to what you want and then does what you want, instead of either just not listening or listening but then doing what they want anyway.